Host an Event
Host Site Applications for Show Me the Money Day 2019 are closed!
- Please check back in July 2019
Host Site Training
- Host Site Training
- Host Site Training is mandatory for all host sites (at least one person from your organization must attend)
- You do not need to have your application completed before training—in fact, if you’ve never hosted an event before this is the perfect opportunity to come learn more about the events and see if it’s right for your organization to host or partner with another organization
- This training is free and will include best practices, breakout groups based on experience level, basecamp training, marketing, event planning and fundraising information. Lunch will be provided!
Hosting a Show Me the Money Day Event in Your Community: What You Need To Know
Show Me the Money Day is a series of free, public financial resource fairs throughout Michigan. These annual events take place in January and February in order to kick off tax time and promote savings. They feature free and low-cost financial products, workshops, games, prizes, food and fun.
The events are planned and executed by CEDAM member organizations. Host Site organizations tailor events to fit their communities’ needs.
CEDAM’s role is to provide technical assistance and support surrounding the events. For 2019 events, CEDAM provides the following:
- Free Host Site Training in Lansing
- Mini-grants of up to $500 per event*
- Physical posters and postcards with logos and event information
- Graphic design services
- One-on-one technical assistance
- Biweekly technical assistance calls
- Data collection and reporting support
- Marketing, fundraising and planning guides
Applications open during the summer and are due in early Fall. They are accepted on a rolling basis.
If you would like to get involved, become a sponsor, or learn more about an event in your area, please contact Brian Rakovitis.
Like Show Me The Money Day on Facebook to get the latest updates
*Mini-grant funding is not guaranteed and contingent on fundraising efforts